About WPP Health & Wellness:
WPP Health & Wellness (WPP H&W) exists to mobilize and focus WPP’s vast resources for the benefit of our clients in areas including advertising, media investment management, data & insights, technology, healthcare specialty services, digital and CRM, marketing innovation, public relations/public affairs and other specialized areas. WPP Health & Wellness is the central lead for all of WPP’s work in health and wellness worldwide. It is a sub-holding company comprising Ogilvy CommonHealth, Sudler & Hennessy, ghg | greyhealth group, CMI/Compas, and WPP’s global healthcare Client Teams.
This role assists in the preparation and submission of agency and parent company financial reporting and prepares various analyses and ad hoc reporting.
- Perform the monthly closing of the books for the Worldwide HQ using the JD Edwards general ledger application
- Coordinate the monthly reporting of the flash and actual financial results from the offices worldwide ensuring that such data submissions are received timely, accurate and complete via the BFC financial reporting system
- Work closely and assist the Worldwide Controller in the monthly analytical review of the P&L and Balance Sheet both on an office and consolidated levels
- Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations ensuring compliance with internal controls in connection with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Liaise and communicate with finance personnel worldwide as well as parent company finance and ensure that all queries are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate the submissions of the annual budget and quarterly reforecasts from offices worldwide ensuring that such data submissions via the BFC financial reporting system are received timely, accurate and complete
- Submit the monthly financial data as well as the annual budget and quarterly reforecasts to parent company by the scheduled deadline
- Assist the Worldwide Controller in the detailed review of the budget and quarterly reforecasts and ensure that the data is accurate and in compliance with reporting requirements
- Assist the Worldwide Controller in the preparation of the financial review decks for the budget, actuals and reforecasts that are presented to the parent company five times per year
- Assist the Worldwide Controller in the annual review of Sox/internal controls compliance for certain offices worldwide
- Assist on special projects such as ad hoc reporting when necessary
- Manage intercompany transactions amongst the offices and to clear consolidated out of balances
- University Degree in Accounting, with high academic achievement
- Minimum of 3‐4 years of accounting, reporting or audit experience in industry (corporate or operational) or public accounting or a combination of both
- Knowledge of the marketing communications industry is desirable but not required
CPA is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with JD Edwards and SAP BFC is a plus
WPP Health & Wellness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by state and/or federal law.